okay! so today, i am determined to stay POSITIVE. you know. as much as a person like me can ;) a couple things on my mind today:
1) flu shot. has anyone ever had one? how was it? did it initially make you sick but then made you like superman for the rest of the winter? cuz i have this thing called an immune system, and see, it likes to skip out on me come january and that's when i work overtime for work (tax season) and can't afford to get sick. ever.
2) hair. i want to cut my hair. it's super duper long right now, super straight and blonde. BO-RING! i'm thinkin' bangs. but i'm freakin out bc bangs? can grow super fast. and me? am not a person who gets regular cuts. i'm lazy like that.
3) i am also determined to figure out where the heck the cord to my camera is. i want to start taking pics and posting them here, but for some reason i can't find that little dinky cord that does the magic of switching pics from camera to computer. sigh. this weekend will be a hunt.
4) researching cell phones, bc i want to switch companies and get a plan w/my husband. so now i'm super excited and i want to get one of those super high tech ones that i can record videos and take pictures and go online and twitter my little heart out.
5) am trying super hard not to eat junk food today. partly bc i want to get healthy but also bc the pants im wearing today? they're from Guess. and Guess pants? always are snug around the hip/tummy area on me. for whatever reason. so i'd rather not pop a button. that could be embarrassing.
(about as embarrassing as splitting my pants on the butt and not realizing it until i get home from work that day and take off the damn things. yeah. THAT was a stellar moment.)
other than that, it's super sunny today, a high of 79 is looming, and it's the weeeeeeeeeeekend!!!!! yay!!!! thank god. i can stay up late watching Heroes and won't have to worry about being conscious until late morning tomorrow.
all of my movies are late. i rented the first season of Heroes and it's now three days late. ouch. that's like 15 bucks i think. and then the other movie is late too which is .. 4 bucks. then redbox movie which will only be a dollar if i return it today before 9pm. which i will. sigh. i hate when i get busy and flake out on stuff. i HATE paying late fees bc it feels like i'm just giving my money away.
plans for tonight: vlad (my husband) and i are going to go to Balalika. yeah. it's a russian store. in a strip mall. next to dominicks. it sells russian cards, dvd's, cd's, knick knacks, etc.... we need to pick up a 'translator' for his dad, bc his bday is sunday. why on earth we're going to a russian store to buy an english translator, i've no idea. i thought, you know, best buy or something like that. but i was shot down. so it's russian night tonight. as long as i don't have to eat pickled beets or chicken livers, i'm straight.
happy friday everyone!!!