Thursday, November 13, 2008

good morning but wait... why am i awake again?

so. uhm. yeah. got a confession here. this is a post-that-isn't-really-a-post bc it's just a brief, ya know, get-off-my-chest moment.



er... mom? yeah. uh. sorry for the whole.. you know... tellin' all of internet world that you put a bowl on my head and cut my hair.



cuz that bad photo where i looked like a boy and everyone called me Larry? yeah.



that was MY idea, apparently. yes. sad to say. and yet, i'm not surprised. i guess one day i woke up saw demi moore and said damn gotta get me some short hair and a trip to the hair dresser later,



boy.





sorry, mom. but i promise no one holds that against you.





but seriously? DO NOT PUT A BOWL ON YOUR CHILDS HEAD AND PROCEED TO CUT THEIR HAIR. that could damage them for life. seriously, yo.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

word







ha!

melissa ellen parker said...

hahahah! good advice!

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Sadly, I too had a hair cut like that. An actual bowl was not used, however, my hair looked like it had been.

When I was seven, I had long blond hair down to the middle of my back. My mom thought that I was not brushing it, because it was always knotted. I told her I was, but, she did not believe me.

She started to cut it and then realized that she did not know what she was doing. So, she took me to the beauty shop. Their answer, was a "bowl cut". Great!! Thanks peeps.

Years later, like, last year, I told my mom that no matter when I seem to brush out my hair, which is now long again, it knots right back up. A light bulb went on in her head, she realized that I had been telling her the truth, oh so long ago.

Gee, thanks mom.

Mama Dawg said...

Busted by mom!

Erin Moore said...

Nice! I love the logic behind the bowl cut, really. What did people think? Did they really think this could help them get a straight cut? Like the bowl wouldn't move?

I could never get away with giving my kids a bowl cut, mainly because they have curly hair and the bowl cut is definitely a straight hair thing.

LOL!

Lump said...

ooooh hahaha you still rocked the bowl cut, though! ;)

Anonymous said...

I've got some catching up to do your posts, girl, and I promise to do that this weekend.

Now for the bowl haircut problem, I can honestly say I've never done that to any of my offspring. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you know the BANGS? I totally begged my mom for bangs. She didn't want to but she did because I BEGGED. I should have listened to her. I was goofy enough without the curtain on my forehead.

melissa ellen parker said...

thanks for my award! I officially accepted today on my blog!!!!

Marchelle said...

dude.

are you *aware* of my unnatural obsession with bacon, yo?

and cheese. i saw on twitter that you and jenn love you some cheese. i flippin HEART cheese like its my job.

Marchelle said...

hey i just told jenn that me you and her should start a cheese lovers anonymous group and we shall call it "DUDE I FREAKIN LOVE CHEESE SO BAD"

i think it has a nice ring to it. no?